They say the more things change, the more they stay the same. Despite a constantly shifting social media landscape, Facebook has continued to remain the king of social networks. In fact, with more than 2 billion monthly users, the platform accounts for one in every five minutes spent online.
So what can brands do to take advantage of Facebook’s growing audience?
The simple answer? Invest in video. Not only does Facebook’s algorithm favor video, it’s also the most likely to drive engagement. Best of all, it only accounts for 3% of the platforms posts. This means there’s a huge opportunity for brands willing to invest in video marketing.
If you’re thinking about producing video for Facebook, we’ve got your back. Follow these tips to ensure your videos earn results.
- It’s all about the story. It’s not enough to just have a Facebook video, you need to create content that really resonates with your audience. From creative storytelling to killer visuals, videos designed to entertain are the foundation of any Facebook strategy.
- Keep it simple. A good rule of thumb for Facebook videos is to keep them short. In fact, a BuzzSumo analysis of 100 million videos found that content between 60 and 90 seconds long received the most engagement. The study also found that engagement dropped significantly for videos longer than two minutes. If you still want to produce longer content, consider creating two videos: a longer version for your website and a shorter version for your social pages. This will allow the shorter video to drive followers back to your website while retaining high engagement rates.
- Assume no one is listening. According to Facebook, a whopping 85% of videos are watched without sound. This means it’s critical to enable closed captions. This also places importance on the quality of footage and cinematography the video employs — meaning you should utilize text overlays, bold words and narrative videos.
Alright, so you made your awesome video, but what good is it if no one ever sees it? Once your content is optimized for Facebook, it’s critical to get it in front of your target audience. Here are a few things to consider when posting your video to Facebook.
- Post natively. Facebook’s algorithm favors videos that are uploaded directly to the platform — meaning you should avoid linking to external sites like Youtube or your company’s homepage. This also ensures your video plays automatically, eliminating significant hurdles to getting your content seen.
- Encourage sharing. Leverage your relationships with staff members and partners by letting them know when your video is live. Encouraging them to like and share the post can expand reach and boost engagement. The sooner your video sees engagement, the more likely it is that Facebook’s algorithm will promote it in your followers’ timelines.
- Give it a boost! If your video performs well organically, consider putting some money behind it. Not only is boosting your video a sure-fire way to get it seen, but it’s also extremely cost effective. Boosting can start at as little as $5 per post and reach thousands of people. Best of all, the platform boasts robust targeting features, making it easy to identify your target audiences based on their interests and demographics.
Looking to produce videos for Facebook that earn results? We’d love to help! Drop us a line on our Contact Page and our video production team will get back to you as soon as possible.